On Friday, we announced version 1.1 of the Open Language Tools. Our release notes for the XLIFF Translation Editor and XLIFF Filters contain the full story, but here’s a quick rundown of the changes in this release :
- Stability and performance enhancements in the Editor
- Initial support for the Open Document Format in the Filters
- Improved XLIFF support in the Editor
- Internationalisation and translation into 6 languages for the XLIFF Filters
- Stability/Functionality bug fixes in the XLIFF Filters
So now we continue the work towards the next release of the tools – here’s some of the things we’re targetting :
- Improved XLIFF compliance
- SRX support
- Internationalisation for the Editor
- Ease of use for XLIFF Filter configuration
- Mini-TM import/export to TMX
- Trados TTX to XLIFF conversion
- anything else ? you decide !
We’re looking forward to working on the 1.2 release – there are great things ahead, and we’re all pretty excited about the new features coming down the line. In the meantime, we’d love to hear any feedback you have on the 1.1 versions of the tools – let us know !